Friday, April 11, 2008

Thing 23: One Last Thing

Go back to your thoughts/ideas about Library 2.0. Has anything changed as a result of this experience?
It surprised me to review my responses to Thing 2 now at the end of this project. The Things that I was looking forward to the most (RSS, Blog, Wiki, photo sharing, collaboration, podcasts), ended up being my favorite Things. I didn't have a deep understanding of all of the Things back when I was working on Thing 2, but I guess I knew more than I was giving myself credit for.

What were your favorite Things and discoveries?
My favorite thing was Thing 3, RSS. Taking the time to find a feed that truly interests me and setting up the feed is such a huge time saver and good feeling about not missing something. I set up feeds for items I'm trying to learn more about at work and also feeds that interest me personally.

How did you connect with others doing the 23 Things On a Stick?
I reconnected with a "blast from the past" on FaceBook. What a hoot to find and friend from 20 years ago when I worked in Roseville.

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I had never done a self-guided "class" (that I can remember). I enjoyed this immensely.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or content?
This program was awesome. Kudos to the people that worked so hard to organize it and keep participates on track. Two things that would have helped me would be if there were fewer Things and if there were some generic logins that participants could use. There were some applications that just don't apply to me personally or professionally and now I've got all of those accounts and personal information floating out there in cyberspace.

If we offered a 23 More Things On a Stick program like this in the future would you participate?
Absolutely.

How would you describe your learning experience in one word or in one sentence, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things On a Stick learning activities to others?
Adults can have fun learning.

No comments: