Customized Home Page
I've been using an iGoogle customized home page for quite some time. I appreciated the tips presented in the webinar I participated in for Thing 7 from Minitex. So, for this Thing, I spent some time trying out some of the suggestions from Minitex. I'm happy to report I've added the Hennepin County library search gadget to my home page. :)
Calendar
I've also been using a Google calendar for quite some time. Works great when I need to see my "home calendar" and I'm not at home. Hubby asked me to share the calendar with him so that he can see what he's missing when he works too late.
Online Lists
Gubb looked interesting from the info that has been pouring into my Google Reader account after working on Thing 3. I love that these lists are available from anywhere. Other really cool features are the ability to e-mail or text list items to Gubb. You can also retrieve a list via e-mail or have it texted to you from a text message. Too cool. Friends are always making movie, book and music recommendations when I don't have access to my lists. Now I can just email or text the recommendations to my Gubb account.
One thing I won't be using Gubb for is keeping a daily "to do" list. It's not practical keeping an electronic list for this type of list which needs such frequent updating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment