The million dollar question: how will I keep up with my learning of new technology to enhance my personal and professional life?? The 23 Things on a Stick project has been so much fun and so good for me.
Committing to 15 minutes a day to learn something new and keep current is a noble idea, but in reality, isn't going to happen. There isn't time for this at work, and at home I am forced to share the computer with teenagers that pull the "But Mom! I have homework! Are you almost done on the computer???" card. My plan is to combine my 15-minute sessions and explore for an hour or so on days when they aren't around.
On days when I truly have 15 minutes, I think browsing through the articles in my new Google Reader account will save searching time and get me to the good stuff fast. My favorites:
Lifehacker
43folders
Another idea is to use my iPod to listen to the podcasts that I subscribed to in Thing 19. I can do this while washing dishes or ironing -- two things that I haven't done during this push to complete the 23 Things project. Ha! No wonder my family is sick of this...
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations on finishing! Hope you enjoyed all 23 and will continue using the tools.
Thanks for your encouragement, Ann. I have really finished now...I took the online survey before publishing the draft of my blog post for Thing 23.
Post a Comment