Saturday, April 5, 2008

Thing 18: YouTube & Other Online Video

How do I choose just one to put in my blog?! Here's a video done by a friend of my youngest daughter. It's fun.


YouTube is GREAT. What did we do before YouTube? Well, I think I remember. Awhile ago my sister e-mailed a video clip as an attachment to me and our Mom. This method required both Mom and I to download it (it was a hog). It took a long time and I almost hit "Cancel" but then thought, it must be good if she took the time to send it to us, so I waited, and waited. It was a very entertaining video and I'm glad I waited. I watched it twice and then deleted it since it was such a hog. A few days later Mom asked if I could send it to her, because something didn't work for her the first time. I thought, "no way! that clip is a hog. it must be on YouTube." Turns out it was easy to find on YouTube, so I sent Mom the link. When my sister found out, she was shocked. She said, "But! there's so much unsavory content out on YouTube! How could you send Mom out there?!" I told her I thought Mom was old enough to decide what she wanted to watch on YouTube.

No comments: