I created an account on FaceBook. I chose this social network over MySpace because my daughter has a FaceBook account. I was hoping that I could count on her to add me as a friend! She's busy and away from a computer right now, so I'll have to wait to see if she adds me! :)
I added the API for the Minnesota Twins to my account. The trivia questions were lots of fun. There is a competition going between Twins fans and Chicago White Sox fans. Right now the Twins are winning. FaceBook users can earn points by convincing others to "join the bandwagon". Right now I'm only at the Bat Boy level. oh brother...
I joined the 23 Things on a Stick group and wrote on that wall.
Why do I think FaceBook is the fastest growing social network? Hmmm... I am at a complete loss for something profound to say. All that comes to mind is that it was easy to get started and find my way around on FaceBook. My daughters and their friends love FaceBook and enjoy keeping up with each other this way. I don't think socializing on FaceBook will really take off for me. As I was searching for friends, I realized that the friends that I really wanted to socialize with, weren't on FaceBook. Next, I thought I'd convince them to join and OH! what fun we could have. But in reality, we have much better ways that are far less time consuming already in place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think Facebook is kind of neat but it seems very shallow to me and I like more in-depth conversations. Maybe it is a ggod tool to meet people to HAVE in-depth conversations, lol.
You are doing a nice job on the Things project. :-)
Post a Comment