Saturday, April 5, 2008

Thing 16: Student 2.0 Tools

These project planning tools are awesome and will be beneficial for demonstrating time management. I entered a fake project and was surprised at how the Assignment Calculator had me jump right in there, gave me what I considered too much time with some intermediate steps, and then didn't have me finish a head of schedule, or with any time to revise and polish at the end.

I am very pleased that my daughters had teachers in elementary school that embraced these steps for completing a research project. They didn't use online tools, but the project had regular due dates for the various steps leading up to a finished product. It was fun to sit back and listen to my girls complain about having to have some steps done "so early". However, by the time they got to high school they were comfortable with tackling a research project.

No comments: